Funding Period: Summer Assistantship May 15 – August 15
1. Undergraduate students in any year of study, any discipline, and any UAF campus are eligible to apply.
2. Students should be enrolled in 12 or more credits the spring semester and 12 credits the fall semester or request special consideration by email from URSA staff before the application deadline.
3. Activity is to be conducted between May 15 and August 15.
4. Mentors must be involved in the application process. They must email URSA prior to the deadline and state, “I have read this student’s proposal and I agree to act as their mentor.”
Criteria for selection
Award selections will be based on:
1. Written quality of the proposal and quality of the work plan.
2. Intellectual merit and scholarly contribution of the project and its potential outcomes.
3. Student learning outcomes articulated in the proposal.
4. Adequate involvement of a faculty mentor as demonstrated in a mentoring plan.
5. Feasibility of completion within the given timeline.
INBRE’s summer URA award includes salary 40 hours a week during the summer (May 15 – Aug 15). Hourly compensation will be provided at the Student Assistant C level ($10.50 – $12.50/hr) depending upon experience. URAs will also include up to $2,500 to spend on supplies and services to help support the research they conduct in their host laboratory.
Please fill out the Summer Research and Creative Project Awards application (link to URSA website application).
Selections will be made by the URSA Review Panel. Biomedical applications will also be reviewed by INBRE staff.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT